Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Kids for Democracy Teens Get Honors















Kids for Democracy's Teen Leaders were honored in April for their political activism. Three of the teens received nominations to the National Young Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C. and four to the Junior Statesmen of America Summer Programs at Princeton University. Several of the teens also received invites to be teen summer interns for statewide candidates and to serve as convention runners during the Democratic State Convention in Worcester. For more information on Kids for Democracy, go to the kids' website, hosted by the Massachusetts Democrats, at http://www.kidsfordemocracy.org/.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is D.J. Beauregard, and I am ashamed to admit that I was once a Republican. I campaigned for President Bush, and I was a Democrat basher for the longest time.

I am a 17-year-old high school junior, and, at the age of sixteen, managed my first successful citywide campaign in my hometown, Methuen.

After reading former Sen. Paul Tsongas' book "A Call To Economic Arms," I began to re-evaluate my outlook on America. I began to wonder, if America is the "richest" country in the world, then how come there are people who don't have health insurance? If America is the most "powerful" country in the world, then how come 2,000+ of our men and women have been killed in Iraq?

To me, the Democratic Party has become a breath of fresh air. I feel relieved to finally declare myself a proud Democrat.

It is an honor to be a part of a party that helps the people on Main Street make it, and not the people on Easy Street who have it made.

The Democratic Party is the party of common sense, and I look forward to running for public office under this great platform that is in the best interests of middle-class America, and not in the best interests of corporate America.

Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home